Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas, specializing in small plates that put modern twists on Italian classics and fine wines from around the world, is inviting guests to enjoy its Portugal Wine Dinner at its location in Garden City, NY on Thursday, June 27 at 7pm.
Portugal offers a variety of climates from north to south that differentiates its wines from those produced in other countries. With over 200 varieties of grapes and a wide range of appellations, Portugal has developed impressive wines. To highlight some of the world-class wines produced in the region, Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas is pairing a selection of Portuguese wines with a five-course tasting menu, which will available for one night only.
The full Portugal Wine dinner menu includes:
• Chorizo Assado – Tomato toast, roasted garlic and leek purée, grilled onion
Paired with Vinho Verde, Broadbent Minho NV
• Bacalhau Assado – Roasted codfish, piri piri onion salad and roasted baby potatoes
Paired with Vinho Verde Alvarinho, Joao Portugal Ramos Minho 2017
• Polvo Grelhado – Grilled octopus, romesco sauce, farro and roasted tomato
Paired with Douro Manoella, Wine & Soul Douro 2015
• Porco a Alentejana – Braised pork stew, clam and red pepper relish, kale
Paired with Douro Touriga Franca, Quinta do Passadouro Douro 2013
• Pasteis de Nata – Puff pastry, vanilla egg yolk custard, fresh berries
Paired with 20 Year Old Tawny Port, Quinta de la Rosa NV
Tickets for the Portugal Wine Dinner are $69 per person and can be purchased online by visiting: http://spuntinowinebar.com/portugal-wine-dinner-westbury/