Many wine drinkers wonder about the effects that Terroir can have on a wine. Is it really that important? How much of an effect does it really have? For this month’s tasting Dennis, Stephen, and Greg will take two different wines from the same producer, the same commune but different vineyards and show you how the terroir can impact the flavor profile of a wine.
Some of the questions we will be addressing.....
* How Dennis met this producer and what he saw in his wines
* The history of Domaine Rebougeon
* The village of Pommard
* The specific plots and the vinification method
* The character of each wine
* The 2018 vintage
* The structure of each wine
* The drinking window of these wines and how they will age
* Other Elden Selection wines where you could explore terroir with friends and family.