It’s our last free wine tasting before Christmas, and it’s one of our best tastings of the year. Drew Summer of Advintage Distributing joins us to pour 7 holiday classics.
Asheville’s Best Free Christmas Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
It’s the Saturday before Christmas and Table Wine will be the place to be. This is your last chance to “try before you buy” some incredible wines picked by us to accompany your holiday festivities. Need a wine to go with Christmas dinner? We got that. Need a great Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon for mom and/or dad? We got that too! Trust me folks, we’re pouring nothing but the good stuff for this fat, free, and festive tasting. Stop by, taste, learn and save big some crazy good wines.
All the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day only.
1. 2016 Raventos I Blanc Gran Reserva ‘De La Finca’ Brut (Penedes, Spain) - Need bubbles? We’ve got you covered and the Gran Reserva De La Finca is first class all the way. Possessing high toned notes of apple, lemon, green pear, fennel, and mineral, this could easily pass for a top flight Blanc de Blancs Champagne.
2. 2018 Huia Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand) - Huia makes one of our favorite Kiwi Sauvignon Blancs. Truly hand crafted, certified organic, and brimming with bright, lively and exotic fruit, this is truly in a class of its own.
3. 2017 Hudson Vineyards Chardonnay (Carneros, California) - Lee Hudson has sold fruit to the likes of Kistler, Aubert and Marcassin for many years. Now he’s making his own wines from his own vineyards, and he’s giving the aforementioned a run for their money. This my friends is one of the best Chardonnays we tasted all year.
4. 2017 Cristom Pinot Noir ‘Mt. Jefferson Cuvee’ (Willamette Valley, Oregon) - Cristom is one of the old school, blue chip Oregon Pinot Noir producers and the 2017 Mt. Jefferson Pinot Noir is in fine form. Showing perfect balance between ripe fruit and more savory, earthy elements, this has serious “wow factor!”
5. 2018 Bedrock Wine Company Old Vine Zinfandel (Various Parts, California) - Bedrock can confidently claim they are making some of California’s top Red Zins, and the new release of their Old Vine is going to make a lot of palates happy. Rich, spicy, fresh and memorable, this hits all the sweet spots.
6. 2017 Trig Point Cabernet Sauvignon ‘Diamond Dust Vineyard (Alexander Valley, California) - Trig Point is produced by Nick Goldschmidt, longtime winemaker at Simi. This is impressive Alexander Valley Cab — rich, hearty, and full bodied with plenty of stuffing and a long, satisfying finsish.
7. Surprise Wine (Napa Valley, California) - Drew and I promise you this will knock your socks off. It’s gonna’ be something big, bold, and special. Only one bottle will be opened — come early or forever hold your peace.