USE COUPON CODE SAVE10% to get 10% off any ticket. Valid through July 15th!
Bringing California wine country to the City...Meet the Winemakers, Taste their Passion!
Taste and discover the wines from over 40 high-quality, commercial micro-wineries from all over California. This unique festival is the heart of the hands-on, small-lot winemaking explosion now happening in California. We will have ultra-premium winemakers from all over the state - from Napa & Sonoma to Mendocino, Paso Robles, Santa Barbara and all points in between. It would take months if not years of research and travel to discover this many artisan "garagiste" wineries on your own.
What makes the Garagiste Festivals different?:
• No long lines - we purposefully keep the guest-to-winery ratio low to provide a more intimate experience for tasters. No fighting a shoulder-to-shoulder crowd to get to the winery table. It’s a comfortable, fun, and no-snobs allowed event.
• Meet the Winemakers - you get to taste with the winemakers/owners at EVERY table. Hear their stories and taste the wines with the people who actual craft them. Not salespeople or brokers, the winemakers themselves. It makes for a completely different wine tasting experience, trust us.
• No supermarket wines – These are rare wines that can very hard to find – even in wine country. Most of our wineries do not have tasting rooms and are not on “wine country” maps – you have to know where to look. Now you can find 50 of them under one roof at the Garagiste Festival. No supermarket wines here, unlike most other wine events.
• Unmatched variety – There is no better place to vastly increase your wine knowledge. Whether you are an expert, a novice, or somewhere in between – you will be able to taste and compare an incredibly wide range of varietals and styles. You will have the completely unique opportunity to taste almost every grape being grown under the CA sun.
• First Vintages - there's nothing more exciting than being the first to try something and we have 8 wineries participating in LA sharing their very first bottles of wine. How cool is that? You can say you knew them when...
VIP SEMINAR & EARLY ACCESS - 11:30am-5:00pm
The day begins by bringing back one of the most popular features of the Garagiste Festivals, it’s our engaging, educational and unique winemaker panel and tasting seminar. The seminar is only available as part of the VIP All-Day Ticket, which also includes a Wine Country Box Lunch* from Ibarra Catering and Early Access to the Grand Tasting at 1:00pm.
Ancient Techniques in Modern Times
Wine making has come full circle with some of the most interesting and unique approaches in modern winemaking sourcing their inspiration from the past. What is old is new again! Join us in this educational seminar as we taste and explore how these ancient fermentation and aging techniques are utilized today to create expressive and distinct wines that showcase what the fruit and land truly has to offer. Many of these techniques are labor-intensive and time-consuming, relying on a true "hands-on-every-barrel" approach that is inherent in Garagiste winemaking. You won’t find wines like these in larger-scale operations where conformity is king. If you’re looking for wines with character and typicity, then this is the seminar for you.
GRAND TASTING: 2:00-5:00pm - Unlimited tastes with 50 CA wineries, cheese & charcuterie board and a 16oz crystal keepsake wine glass. See list of participants below.
PARTICIPATING WINERIES INCLUDE: Acri Wine Co.*, All Baer Wines*, Alma Sol Winery, Amrita Cellars, Arianna Wines, Boonville Road Wines, Bushong Vintage Wine Co., Caelesta Vineyard*, Cypher Winery, DENO Wines, Dusty Nabor Wines, Etnyre Wines, Ferguson Family Wines, Forgotten Union Wines, Greyscale Wines, Intent Wines*, Kaleidos Winery, LePoidevin Wines*, Light of Day Winery*, Marchelle Wines, Marin's Vineyard, MCV Wines, Murder Ridge, Omega Road Winery*, Optio Vineyards*, Pine Mountain Vineyards, Prima Materia*, Purple Dragon Cellars, Rails Nap Wines, RF Fine Wines, San Rucci Winery, Seven Oxen Estate, Terre et Sang, Tomi Cellars*, Topophilia Wines*, Trois le Fou*, Turiya Wines, Two Papas Wines, Wander Must Wine, Wildflower Winery* and Zobeto Wines*.
* First time Garagiste participants
Garagiste Events, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit whose proceeds go towards the education of future professionals within the wine industry.