Online Class Premier Host
WSET Level 1 Award In Sake
Wed, January 27, 2021 to Thu, January 28, 2021 (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
We are proud to offer our WSET Level 1 in Sake certification in a virtual classroom setting.
Here is how this format works:
- Course will be on January 27th and 28th, 2021 from 6pm to 8.30pm;
- Course delivery will be live, via Webinar, and students will still have the chance to ask questions and receive answers in real time;
- You will need access to a reliable internet connection on a PC or Mac. The software connection will be provided by us via Zoom, and students will receive a dedicated webinar passcode that will enable them to join the private session;
- A guided tasting tutorial will be given. Students will have the opportunity to purchase the recommended tasting samples from our webstore 305wines.com;
- Students enrolled in the WSET Level 1 Sake will be able to take their exams online at home via Remote Invigilation. The candidates will take the exam on a computer in a secure environment from their home where they are monitored via webcam, screen sharing technology and a secondary recording device (cell phone). Students will still need to register for their exams through Florida Wine Academy, and will be taken at a pre-determined date and time.
- The cost for the course is $279 and includes the virtual classroom session, materials, shipping, exam, certificate and pin (if you pass the exam). Sakes are NOT included and you can buy a discounted sake pack here. https://305wines.com/product/l1-in-sake-pack/.
About the course
A beginner level introduction to sake for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in sake. You’ll explore the main styles and types of sake through sight, smell and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Price includes the WSET Level 1 study guide, tuition, exam, certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the examination).
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 45 minutes. A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin.
Course instructor is Guilherme de Macedo, MBA, MSS, Kikisake-Shi, WSET Certified Sake Educator.