Wine And Paint

Hi I'm attempting to start a wine and paint night where I serve food as well..what permits do I need to pertain to make this happen legally

Answer From Expert Roger Bohmrich MW

I gather this must be one of those parties where guests paint for fun and drink wine at the same time, right? The permit you may require will depend entirely upon the location; that is, the state first and foremost. Serving wine is the activity which will be strictly regulated by the state alcoholic beverage control agency (although there might be issues with food in some places). Undoubtedly, the event will, first, have to be limited to those 21 or older. You can search for the name of the particular agency in your state, and then search further on their website for temporary or event permits. You may need to telephone them if there are any unresolved questions. I suspect there will be some fine points that need close attention. Good luck with the event!

About The Expert

Roger has enjoyed a lengthy career in the wine trade as an importer and retailer, and at present he is an educator, speaker and consultant. He set up and managed Millesima USA, a New York merchant affiliated with a leading European company. Previously, he served as senior executive of importers Frederick Wildman & Sons. In recent years, Roger has judged wine competitions in Argentina, Turkey and China. Roger became one of America's first Masters of Wine in 1993.

Visit Roger Bohmrich MW's web site