What is LocalWineEvents.com?
LocalWineEvents.com is a worldwide calendar of food and drink events. The website was launched in 2000 to help food and drink
professionals publicize their events. Everyone from the ground up (literally) benefits by having these functions more readily avaiable.
- Wine Grape growers
- Vineyards and wineries
- AND, Consumers
All gain by having food and drink event information in their area collected in one place.
LocalWineEvents.com does not organize or run the events listed on our calendar. Our mission is to provide an
online space for publicizing events with a food, wine, beer or spirits theme.
How to Post an Event and Why You Should
If you want your event to be included on the LocalWineEvents.com calendar, you must post it yourself. The posting process is fast and easy.
Just fill in the blanks, here: Submit an Event. It's that simple.
Your posting on LocalWineEvents.com will be seen by a targeted audience people in your area who come to our website because they want
food/drink event information. You can view all the press we've received over the years on our press page.
Your posting gets an entire page, all to itself. Your information isn't crammed alongside other food/drink events, as it would be in a magazine or a newspaper -- and on other websites!
- Your posting includes a map to the event location (for non-virtual events) and a link back to your own website.
Event Posting Dos and Don'ts
An event posted on the LocalWineEvents.com calendar must have a food, wine, beer or spirits theme. If your event includes food/drink,
but the main theme is something else (such as: fund raiser, art exhibit, entertainment, networking), the posting must emphasize the prominence
of food, wine, beer or spirits at your event. Otherwise, the event might not be suitable for our calendar.
- If your posting needs clarification, we may ask you to edit or resubmit it. Postings that do not meet our guidelines will not be allowed on the site.
- Your posting should mention a specific activity, taking place at a specific time on a specific day.
- We don't accept postings that simply indicate, "We're open for business," or, "We're having a sale." That's an ad, not an event.
However, if customers can taste what you are offering for sale, you can post the event. Always mention the cost (if any) for the tasting.
- An event where tastings are available usually qualifies for our calendar so you should always mention if tastings are available
even if tastings are not the main theme of the event. Always mention the cost (if any) for the tasting, especially if the tasting is priced
separately from the rest of the event.
- Be careful if your posting includes a link to an online ticketing service. If the link goes to your own, in-house ticket system, that's
fine. However, a link on LocalWineEvents.com that goes directly to a third-party ticket seller in competition with our own ticketing
service will not be allowed. The solution: Use a generic phrase in your posting such as: "Visit our website for ticket information." Then, from your
website you can send visitors to your preferred ticketing service. If you would like more information about the LocalWineEvents.com ticketing
service go here: Ticket Overview.
- You may not post your in-home wine tasting business. To inquire about advertising, go here.
- Your posting must provide at least a brief description of your event. You cannot simply say, Details TBA, or See our website for details, and nothing else.
During the event-posting process you will be required to register. It requires giving us your name and e-mail address. This information
will not appear on your posting unless you want it to. You will also have to choose a password.
Registration offers many advantages including the ability to copy and reuse old postings.
Get The Juice
As a poster you are automatically subscribed (free) to The Juice, our food and drink newsletter. The Juice, e-mailed every week, includes a calendar of food/drink events for your area. Each issue also contains additional wine educational content.
Note: You can subscribe (free) to The Juice, even if you dont post an event on the LocalWineEvents.com calendar.
Just fill in the blanks here: Get The Juice
What is a local event?
Select "local" for an event that will take place at a physical venue.
- Wine Tasting, Beer Tasting, Spirits Tasting, Food Tasting.
- Retail store: In-store tastings, samples or demonstrations.
- Wine-Pairing Dinner, Beer-Pairing Dinner.
- Wine Festival, Beer Festival, Food Festival.
- Holiday/Special Occasion Meals (examples: Mother's Day, Thanksgiving), Prix Fixe Meals.
- Cooking Class, Wine School, Wine Auction.
- Fund Raiser, Book Signing, Personal Appearance.
- Seminar, Workshop, Conference.
- A media event taking place just once, such as a TV program or radio segment.
Tips: Headline/Event Name
The headline (event name) of your posting should be short, but informative. You cannot use HTML code in the event name.
- Bad headline: Wine Tasting
- A little better: Red Wine Tasting
- Good headline: Zinfandel Tasting
- Best headline: Tasting of California Zinfandels
We do not allow these kinds of headlines:
- WITH UNNECESSARY CAPITAL LETTERS, ESPECIALLY ALL CAPS.
- With excessive exclamation marks (!!!).
- With other unnecessary keystrokes.
Headline OK: VIP Tasting Sponsored by AIWF, RSVP Required
Headline Not OK: **** COME TO OUR WINE TASTING!!!!
Tips: Location/Venue Name
The information you write in the "Location/Venue Name" box should only be the name of the business or building where the event is taking place (Example: Erics Egg Nog Emporium).
- Do not write a street address in the "Location/Venue Name" box. There is another space for that.
- If there is a local landmark reference you want to include to help people find your location, enter that information next to what you write under Location/Venue Name.
(Example of a local landmark reference: Next to Jumping Jims Jellybean Joint).
- Do not enter a local landmark reference in the box called Street Address". If you do, the View Map link in your posting may not be accurate.
Tips: Street Address
Write a complete street address, including city, state/province and zip code/postal code. Otherwise, the View Map link in your posting may
not work. And, in some cases, incomplete address information can create a map to the wrong location.
- Dont say: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
- Do say: Heinz Field, 100 Art Rooney Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15212
Tips: Cost to Attend
Always write something in the Cost box, being as specific as possible. Reason: Some consumers use price information as the key factor in deciding whether to attend an event.
- Don't say free, unless everything at your event is free. Be clear about whats free and what isn't.
(Example: Wine tasting and concert are free; additional food/beverages for sale at regular prices).
- If the cost of your event cannot be expressed as an exact figure, give generic information (Examples: Regular Menu Prices; or, Tasting Room Fees Apply). Or, give the cost as a price range (Example: $5-$15).
Tips: Link To Your Own Website
Your posting gives you an opportunity to link to your own website however you cannot include a link to a third-party ticketing system. If you wish to link to a third-party ticketing system, you can easily do so by selecting the "Add a Ticket Button" option during the submission process.
Online Ticketing for Event Organizers
Use LocalWineEvents.com to sell tickets online to your event. We offer a secure, affordable service with many satisfied customers. No merchant
account or credit card capabilities necessary. For more information on this optional feature, go here: Online Ticketing Overview.
Free Online Registration Service for Event Organizers
LocalWineEvents.com offers a free registration service to help event organizers keep track of how many people
plan to attend an event. For more information on this optional feature, go here: Registration Overview.
We recommend that you log in every time you visit LocalWineEvents.com. Use the same e-mail address and password you selected when you registered
to post events, or when you signed up for The Juice. Need log in help? Go here: Forgot Password
- Wine related businesses can advertise to our active demographic: Advertise