Bordeaux is the largest vineyard of fine wines in the world and it is the world’s most popular wine for many reasons, starting from their unique taste, character and style in their wines. Join us as we discover why Bordeaux has such an enviable reputation for its red wines.
This introductory class is that is packed with practical information that will turn you into a confident wine consumer–in more ways than one! Improve your wine knowledge and discover your wine palate!
Learn a lifelong skill that can help you in your quest to find your dream wine!
1) History and the importance of the 1855, 1955, 1959 Bordeaux Classifications & Cru Bourgeois wines
2) Understanding Bordeaux’s 7 main appellations and their different wine styles
3) Bordeaux grape varieties: characteristic aromas and flavors
4) The flavor profiles of Left Bank and Right Bank wines, how they differ and why.
Wine Tasting Overview
4) Compare and taste the 5 different wines from famous regions of Bordeaux
5) Put Your Wine Palate To The Test – Premium Wines vs Entry Level Wines
6) What to look out for when buying wines
7) Language and techniques of tasting wine
8) Learn to write wine tasting note
Not only will you learn about the famous 1855 classification of Bordeaux, compare and contrast famous wine regions, you will have the chance to taste a highly rated 37 year old Premier Grand Cru Classe wine. An opportunity not to be missed!
Also you will be tasting one of Singapore’s Best Wines awarded by THE PEAK MAGAZINE in 2016.This wine was selected “blinded” out of 200+ wines by a panel of judges comprising of Tan Ying Hsien, the first Singaporean Master of Wine, VP Sommelier Association of Singapore Gerald Lu and 11 other well respected wine experts. Come and taste how a good wine should be.
Wines are served in Riedel fine crystal glasses to make every drop of wine taste its best.
Make new wine friends in a calm, relaxing, and comfortable atmosphere! Share and compare tasting notes.
Come try out our 54 Wine Aroma Kit and develop your sense of smell to empowered you with a common vocabulary to describe, understand and better enjoy your wines. Each aroma vial comes with an illustrated explanatory card that includes an abbreviated description of the aroma.
Venue: Fine Wines SG Tasting Room
Address: 114 Lavender St #02-60 CT Hub 2
Food Served: Baguettes, Salamis & Cheeses
Minimum 10 persons to commence
Early Bird Discount : SGD$99 + Free $20 voucher
Usual Price: SGD$190
Bring A Friend and Save Additional 5%
Great as gifts for friends and family too! Click here to purchase this class as a gift >>
Such wine lessons in the market usually costs $600-$1000+ but here at Fine Wines SG, we believe that all wine lovers should be equipped with this basic wine knowledge to enjoy wines better and to upgrade ones social identity thus we are offering this low price.
Whether you are a novice or expert wine lover, it would be a fun and educational experience for all.
Did I mention also that knowledge means you’ll buy better and order wines smarter?
WE GUARANTEE IT!
Impress your friends, colleagues, clients and even your boss with your new wine knowledge and stay in their circle.
For more wine classes, click here
Terms & Conditions
- Prepayment is required to reserve your seat.
- No refunds for no show.
- Refunds will be made if event is cancelled.
- Voucher is personal and non transferable.
- Voucher is limited to purchase of wines.
Do check out our past wine events here!
For corporate or large group wine appreciation classes, visit
For enquires , please look for PK Chua at 63852438 or whatsapp at +65 97303036
For certified WSET wine course
WSET Level 1
WSET Level 2