An unlimited Rhône-style wine tasting and lively competition where you'll cast your vote to determine who wins 1st prize! With top producers in attendance, experience Grenache in various styles and incarnations accompanied by signature La Brea Bakery creations - appetizers, bread and cheese stations, all to the tune of live DJ Mr. Potato Head.
Silent auction benefits The T.J. Martell Foundation, funding Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Grenache has cultivated a fanbase in Southern California and is planted extensively in Santa Barbara (especially Ballard Canyon) and in Paso Robles where styles are more concentrated and inky, with typical notes of cinnamon, berry fruits, and white pepper. Often described as being similar to Pinot Noir with a powerful tannic grip, it's a great wine to pair with BBQ braised meats, stews, and other hearty dishes!
No wine glass is safe when Grenache is involved, and don’t forget your toothpaste… your teeth may never be white again!
EXAMPLE 6PM VIP MENU (Will Change)
- Short Rib Sliders with Horseradish Chive Cream
- Crab-Stuffed Crimini Mushrooms with Hollandaise Drizzle
- Ahi Tuna La Brea Bakery Naan Chips with Cilantro Chipotle Aioli
- Lamb Meatballs with Tzatziki
EXAMPLE 7 PM MENU (Will Change)
- Chorizo-Manchego Mini Tartlets
- Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta (V)
- Grilled Vegetable Ratatouille on Pita Chips with Sundried Tomato Hummus (V)
- Avocado Toast with Roasted Corn, Grilled Pineapple on Sourdough (V)
- Heirloom Tomato, Pork Belly and Bibb on Country Wheat
- Grilled Polenta Cakes with White Bean Puree and Garlic Shrimp
- Cheese Platter with Seasonal Cheeses, Crackers and La Brea Bakery Bread
*Please email any dietary restrictions or allergies to tlc@wineLA.com. While we make every effort to accommodate dietary restrictions/ allergies, we do not guarantee availability to accommodate.