There's a wine renaissance taking place in Spain right now fueled by a local winemakers' attention to re-emerging indigenous grape varieties, coupled with investment in modern winemaking capabilities and a passion for making quality wines. The result is a whole new breed of delicious Spanish wines worthy of your attention.
Join Sommelier Erica Archer for a guided viticultural tasting and walking tour of the burgeoning restaurant scene of Portland's East End as you embark on a tasting discussion on some delicious wines from Spain that you'll love to have in your repertoire, paired with delicious foods at four wonderful establishments. You're in for an incredible wine education experience. You'll walk away with knowing a whole lot about wine, how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence knowing how evaluate, select and pair wines and describe what you smell and taste. Plan to learn a lot about wine, discover some delicious wines and restaurants and have a great time doing it.
* Taste and learn about delicious Spanish wines that you'll be thrilled to have in your repertoire
* Find out what makes each region unique in their styles of wine they produce
* Discuss the major grape varieties and these up and coming contenders worthy of your attention
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Discover some great new reataurants you'll be exited to know about.
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four restaurants we visit
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $65 advance / $75 day of (if available) at winewiseevents.com.