Early April found our own Madeline Triffon in South Australia and Victoria, exploring the exciting wines of ‘The New Australia’. With sommelier friends, she trolled beautiful Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale, Yarra Valley and Macedon Ranges. Every day was flooded with sunshine, ideal for taking gorgeous vineyard shots. “I can’t wait to share a slew of pictures from the trip, the stunning landscapes and smiling faces behind the wines. I’m excited to share stories of the winegrowers, and the meals we shared together. We’ll taste several of my very favorite wines from the trip, including:
- Old vine Grenache – the big revelation! Elegant, ageworthy, delish
- Cool climate Shiraz – tender and seductively fragrant
- Dry Riesling – poignantly beautiful
- Pinot Noir & Chardonnay – as lifted & sophisticated as Burgundy
- Italian varietals – Fiano, Sangiovese & Nebbiolo, who knew!
- Natural wines – from thoughtful young producers
Producers will include iconic names as well as newer labels. This tasting is limited to 30 guests, please purchase advance tickets on line.