Totally Cider Tour | Normandy2019 with Ria, the Producer and the Host of Cider Chat - the number one cider podcast in the world!
Date: September 22, 2019 - September 28, 2019
Destination: The Route du Cidre and Route du Poiré in Normandy, France.
What's included?...besides a heck of good time!
- 7 nights of lodging at 3 starred hotels
- Delightful French Breakfasts every day
- Lunch every day, some bagged for picnics and some hot
- Visits to select cideries with special maker tastings
- 6 Cider themed dinners
We begin and end our trip in Paris, staying close by the Arc de Triomphe, making it the perfect location to have our farewell dinner at Pomze, Paris' top "Michelin bib" cider centric restaurant!
Here is the short list of just some of the cidermakers we will be visiting:
- Eric Bordelet ~ Paris once claimed him as the top Sommelier in the city, but we get to visit him at his Chateau for a personal tour and talk, and then a private Cider Dinner with pairings of his famous select ciders and perrys.
- Agathe Letellier of Manoir d'Apreval ~ the go-to speaker on Calvados for I.D.A.C., the Appellations and Control Organization for all cider products in Normandy.
- Etienne Dupont of Domaine Dupont ~ beloved globally for producing innovation Cidre and Calvados
- Patrice Giard ~ a 13th generation cider maker who is inviting us to enjoy our lunch at his location which usually never provides tours.
- Phillipp the Perry Farmer ~ Domfrontais is the southern region of Normandy that requires Calvados to be made with at least 35% Perry Pears. Phillip and most producers in the region use up to 75% Perry Pear. Why? This is the land of the Ancient pear trees some over 300 years-old. You have to see it to believe and we will also be tasting their exquisite fruits and Poiré!
Plus there is Sightseeing!
- Mont-Saint-Michel, we will be spending a night on this Unesco World Heritage site and enjoy a cider dinner there too!
- White Cliffs of Étretat - we spend the afternoon on our own walking to the cliffs or shopping in this small uniquely historical seaside town
- Omaha Beach - we will have a tour at this historic landmark
- French Châteaus
- Roman Ruins
Yes we have a French translator/guide
Go to http://ciderchat.com/totallycidernormandy/ for the secure link to reservations for this epic cider tour to Normandy.
- 1 dinners on own
- airport transfers
- purchases of gift, cider products