Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced for a gorgeous scenic wine sail on board the 74-foot gaff-rigged topsail sloop, Frances, built by her Captains and crew on Portland's waterfront as you explore some incredibly delicious wines from the renown region of Napa & Sonoma that you'll love to have in your repertoire.
You're in for an incredible wine education experience as you sail through Maine’s beautiful Casco Bay with scenic views of Maine lighthouses, islands, and waterways .. all while indulging in a wine class. You'll walk away with knowing a lot about wine, how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence knowing how evaluate, select and pair wines and describe what you smell and taste. it's an incredible outing!
* Taste and learn about wines from Napa & Sonoma that you'll be thrilled to have in your repertoire
* Find out what makes each region unique in their styles of wine they produce
* Discuss the major grape varieties these regions are known for from around the world
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy a selection of delicious cheeses, fruit, and nuts.
Tickets are $85 advance / $95 day of (if available) at winewiseevents.com.