Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas, specializing in small plates that put modern twists on Italian classics and fine wines from around the world, invites guests to enjoy its Wines of France Dinner at its location in the Clifton Commons on Thursday, February 28 at 7 pm.
France is one of the largest wine producers in the world and understanding the country’s regions is the key to understanding French wine. In France, wines are organized not by grape, but by region and producer as wine is viewed as an expression of where it was created. To highlight some of the world-class wines produced in France, Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas is pairing a selection of French wines with a five-course tasting menu to complement the flavor profiles of each. The full Wines of France dinner menu includes:
- Escargot – Parsley garlic butter. Paired with Brochard Sancerre.
- Gaston Gérard Chicken – in a mustard cream sauce. Paired with Burrier De La Rochette Mâcon-Bussières.
- Seared Duck Breast – with creamy polenta. Paired with Villa Domaine Francois Saint-Joseph Rouge.
- Beef Bourguignon – Potato, pearl onion, mushroom. Paired with Chateau Parenchere Bordeaux Superieur.
- Crêpes Suzette – Paired with La Fleur d’Or Sauternes.
Tickets for the Wines of France Dinner are $79 per person and can be purchased online by visiting: http://spuntinowinebar.com/france-wine-dinner-clifton/