We are proud to announce that this class will be jointly held with Houston Dairy Maids: a Houston cheese shop that meets artisan American cheesemakers, learns about their craft and brings the best of their products to you. They look for cheeses naturally made by hand and when possible, from unpasteurized milk.
This is a fun filled class where we will actually look at the makeup of cheese and then pair various different cheeses (Fresh, soft un-aged cheese, Soft-ripened cheese, Smear-ripened cheese, Semi-soft cheese, Semi-hard cheese, Hard cheese & Blue cheese) with 6 wines (rose, light white, full bodied white, sweet white, light red, full bodied red & sparkling wine). The majority of this 2 hour class will be comparing the different cheeses with the wines!
- Definition of cheese
- How cheese is made: Introduction to the basics of cheese making
- Styles: What goes into making one of the 7 different styles of cheese
- Serving: Ripeness, Temperature, Cutting
- Tasting: Appearance, Aroma, Taste, Texture
- How to taste wine: Looking at the basics of wine tasting; Appearance, Nose, Palate and Conclusion
- Introduction to the basics of wine: styles, production
- Pairing cheese with wine: Pairing different wines with different cheeses