Jason Whiteside, one of the Washington, DC, area's foremost fortified wine experts, will lead us on a tour of Port and Madeira. Jason holds the WSET Diploma (one step shy of the Master of Wine designation) and regularly leads classes on all types of fortified wines for both consumers and the trade. And during his visit with us, he'll showcase some old favorites, prove that Port/Madeira doesn't have to be expensive to be good, and leave you "fortified" for chilly weather to come.
With light snacks of cheese, nuts and dried fruit, we'll sample:
- Quinta de la Rosa Ruby Port Lote No. 601 NV
- Quinta de la Rosa Tawny Port NV
- Dow's Late Bottled Vintage Port 2011
- Graham's Twenty Year Tawny NV
- Smith Woodhouse Tawny Colheita 2000
- Blandy's Madeira Malmsey 10 Year
- Blandy's Madeira Bual Colheita 2002
- Barbeito Madeira Savannah NV
If you already know Port and Madeira, then you’ll immediately recognize what a delicious line-up this is. And, if fortified wines are still new to you, then this is the perfect opportunity to get to know some of the world’s most under-appreciated wines! You can reserve your places now online or by emailing or calling the store at 703.356.6500.