INVITED BY MARQUIS PIERO ANTINORI DON'T MISS THIS YEAR "BEST OF ITALY TRIP"
Cultural, Culinary and Wine vacation in Tuscany, Apulia & Cinque Terre, 2018 (0ct. 1-13)
This year trip is the 20th tour since 1999, led by R. Meloni, President of the Italian Wine Society of Halifax and former Italian Consul in Atlantic Canada for 32 years. Furthermore this trip is by personal invitation to our members from Marquis Piero Antinori. To say that Marquis Antinori is a legend is an understatement. Antinori, led the modern renaissance of the Italian wine industry by defiantly refusing to make sub-standard wines according to government regulations. His Solaiaand Tignanello wines are some of the most sought wines in the world. In this tour not only you will be able to taste many Italian wines but also visits are arranged at the three Italian Antinori wineries in Tuscany, one winery in Orvieto, Umbria and his two wineries in Apulia. This region has been crowned by National Geographic and Lonely Planet as one of the best holiday destinations.
On October 1st, participants will be met by Rodolfo Meloni at BrindisiAirport.from there you will be transferred by deluxe coach to your four star plus residence-relais hotels or modern 1-2 bedroom apartments in Salento.During your stay there daily excursion trips in the best wine area of Apuliaare planned for,cultural excursion, wineries visits, tour of Brindisi, (the city where the Roman Appian way ended), Baroque Lecce, Gallipoli, Alberobello with its famous conical shape roofs called Trulli,Ostuni, the white city,Polignano a Mare etc.
On October 7, you will be transferred by air from Brindisito Florence/Pisa airport where you will spend another 6 nights nearby Florence. During your stay in Chianti you will be welcomed by the Marquis when he will be hosting us for a typical Tuscan country lunch, a very rare and exclusive opportunity. Also with our deluxe busdaily excursion are planned to visit Florence, Siena, Pisa, San Gimignano, Etruscan Volterra, Arezzo, Cinque Terre etc. attend local cultural events, shopping trips and much more.
- TRIP INCLUDES
- Luxury Airport Transfers on Arrival and Departure
- Daily excursions in Apulia and Tuscany with private A/C coach with driver
- 12 Nights four star plus residence-relais hotels or modern 1-2 bedroom apts.
- WiFi Access
- Daily Breakfasts
- 12 four courses gourmet dinners including wine and mineral water
- Flight from Brindisi/ Bari to Florence/Pisa
- Group Size max, 18-20 Travellers
COST: Double Occupancy $ USD 3999, Single Occupancy add $400.00
If you are interested to join this exclusive trip please email: Italianwinesociety@gmail.com, or phone R. Meloni at 902-4404813.
CRONICLE HERALD NEWSPAPER ARTICLE OUTLINING THE ITALIAN WINE SOCIETY
- Ann and Fred West: Since 1999, my husband Fred and I have taken 6 trips to Italy with Rodolfo. We have been from Piedmont to Puglia and many points in between. We have had wonderful food, wine and accommodation. Every trip included places we would never have found by ourselves, even with extensive research. Rod really knows his native country, and seems to have contacts everywhere. The highest recommendation we can give, is that WE KEEP GOING BACK!!! Ann West, Halifax, Canada
- TRAVEL WITH RUDOLPHO MELONI AND EXPERIENCE ITALY AS IT IS LIVED BY THE ITALIANS. Food, culture, wine, local geography is all better when done in the company of a man who knows Italy like his own kitchen. A UNIQUE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WAS OFFERED AND EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS.”
Dr. JUDITH KAZIMIRSKI
- Hi Rod, Your tours offer incredible value and such a great diversity of things to see and do. Ray Roberts
- I so often think of our wonderful Italy trip in the fall and what a great job you do Rodolfo. I was really excited as will as a bit nervous. It far surpassed my expectations. So much to see and so much beauty. The best accommodations ever. Got to know you all and shall never forget such great travelling buddies. At the end of our days I had my special travelling buddies. Julie, Bev and Janis. They took care of me. We all rock.
- Rodolfo, we arrived safely in time in Halifax. We really enjoyed the trip. This was a very intimate group, and we really enjoyed the companionship. You really took care of us. Travel arrangements were precise. Accommodations were good. Wine and food was SUPERIOR. Over all this was a wonderful trip to REMEMBER., THANKS AGAIN,, Dr.Sebastian and Shanti Malekai
- Just to reiterate what Pat, Jeanne and Sharon have already emailed----
Thanks to you, Rodolfo, for such a wonderful northern Italy experience! The testimonials of former travelers who have gone on your Italy trips, are what peaked my interest in signing up for a holiday with you, and I was not disappointed. Meeting a great group of people to travel with, made the trip that much more delightful!.Ciao for now! Hope to meet up with you all again at some point..Sue Rubin, Halifax