Epicurean Delights in the Lands of Great Wines & Alba White Truffles
Dates: October 24- October 31, 2019
8 days, 7 nights - no hotel change only
Limited to 12 participants
This specially designed wine and gourmet tour will lead you through the beautiful hills of Langhe, Roero, and Monferrato, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Piemonte. The unique scenery, dotted with castles and manors steeped in rich history, is surrounded by vineyards creating one of the most picturesque and stunning regions of Italy. Here, the Slow Food Movement began and traditions are well preserved. This authentic territory values quiet life, flavorful cuisine, and world-renowned wines.
The month of October is the most exciting and blissful time to enjoy Piemonte as Nebbiolo grape harvest begins, cellars are in full swing, landscapes of rich autumn colors mesmerize, and the annual International White Truffle Festival takes place in Alba.
Learn all about the world of truffles through a truffle hunt with the “trifulao” (truffle hunter and his dog), a truffle Sensorial Analysis, a guided tour through the Alba festival market, while relishing in gourmet dinners and lunches.
Enjoy private guided cellar tours and tastings at boutique producers of Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, Arneis and see the UNESCO cellars known as “underground cathedrals” for a tasting of their “metodo classico” sparkling wine.
Visit and stroll some of Italy’s most beautiful and charming hamlets and villages like Alba, Nieve, Grinzane, and Barbaresco.
This gourmet tour can easily be combined with our extraordinary culinary tour : Food & Motor Vally Tour in Emilia Romagna October 31 - November 6, 2019.
- 7 nights in charming accommodations- no hotel change
- Entrance to the Alba White Truffle Festival
- Walking tours in Alba, Asti and Barolo
- Discover the history of Wine in the exciting WIMU - Wine Museum
- Visit the Castle of Grinzane
- Hands on cooking lesson in a noble castle
- Truffle hunting and lunch with the Trifolao (truffle hunter)
- Visit an organic cheese maker
- Spend a day with the winemaker in Canelli and tour the underground UNESCO Cathedrals
- Private VIP cellar tours and tastings in Barolo, Barbaresco, Asti, Roero
- Authentic meals paired with select wines of Piedmont
- Traditional Piemontese evening with entertainment
- Michelin Star dining
- Leisure time
- Travel with a Certified Wine Specialist & Culinary Professional