Have you ever wondered what it would be like to own a vineyard and make wine?
You can experience the life of a Viticulturist and Oenologist at Hatfield Creek Vineyards and Winery in Ramona, CA through their Winemaker’s Crash Course. The 20-month course covers every aspect of wine grape growing and winemaking.
Course runs: January 2018 through August 2019
Course syllabus includes:
- Introduction to Grapes and Wine
- “Nip and Tuck”
- Brix, pH and Total Acidity Measurements
- Secondary Fermentation
- Sulfite Testing and Additions
- Barrel Tasting
Program tuition $320 includes:
- All course materials
- Lunch provided at six (6) class meetings
- 2 bottles of wine with custom class label
- 10% discount on any additional wine purchases from class production
- 10% discount on any general release wines in the Tasting Room
- Hatfield Creek Winemakers Crash Course T-shirt
- Optional activities opportunities in the vineyard and winery
- Netting vines in July 2018
- Bottling in August 2018 of 2017 harvest
- Graduation Dinner with wine pairing, August 2019 (separate $ TBD)
Sign up begins mid December 2017:
- Call the winery office at 760-787-1102 and speak with Elaine.
- Stop in and see us at the winery: 1625 Hwy 78, Ramona, CA 92065. Fri-Sat-Sun 11am – 5pm.