Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced, for a guided viticultural tasting and walking tour of Portland’s vibrant restaurant scene as you explore some incredible examples of wines from Italy paired with delicious foods at four great restaurants. You're in for an incredible wine education experience. You'll walk away knowing how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence in knowing how evaluate, select, serve, and pair wines, and describe what you smell and taste. Plan to learn a lot about wine and have a great time doing it.
* Taste and learn about some delicious wines from Italy's diverse regions that you'll love to have in your repertoire
* Discover what makes each region unique and its impact on the styles of wines produced
* Discuss major styles of Italian wines
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four restaurants we visit
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $56 advance / $60 day of (if available).
Wine Wise special offers:
*For every friend you bring receive $5 off your next ticket.
*Attend 5 Wine Wise events and your 6th one is free.