Dates: June 10-15, 2018
6 days, 5 nights
Limited to 15 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of these authentic wine regions of France with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
Your Guide & Instructor: Andrew Jefford
- Award-wining wine journalist for Decanter Magazine
- Featured presenter for Decanter Education's mastercalsses
- Author of 12 books on wine including The New France
"Enjoyed Andrew’s lectures and accounts which had no wasted words, precise and insightful. He is a true professional and up-to-date scholar (rare) whose precise explanation was very helpful" Yuki Saito, AIWS, CS, Wine Writer/Journalist,
San Francisco, California
Your 6 Day, 5 Night Bourgogne Immersion Study Trip includes:
- Instruction throughout by renowned Decanter columnist and wine educator Andrew Jefford
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- The complete Wine Scholar Guild Bourgogne Master Level online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, including transfer on last day, with bottled water on-board
- 5 nights at 3-star Hotel Ibis Style Beaune Centre in Beaune, double occupancy
- 2 gastronomic dinners with fine wines, including two at Michelin 1-star restaurants
- 4 gourmet lunches with fine wines
- 5 delicious breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
The Burgundy Wine Tour and Study Trip Highlights:
Burgundy wines are some of the finest, most sought-after wines in the world. Burgundy is a legendary wine region and a reference for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines. It is also a complex wine region with its numerous appellations and shared “climats” and is not always easy to understand. Travelling to Burgundy allows you to grasp first-hand the meaning of terroir, the underlying concept which is the basis of its appellation system, and taste and savor many of these exceptional wines.
- Discover the Burgundy wine region with your instructor, Andrew Jefford, an award-winning journalist for Decanter magazine, presenter of Decanter master classes and an author of numerous books on wine including The New France.
- Tour through Burgundy and study the difference in Burgundy wine styles. Discover the prestigious wines of the Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits, the bone-dry whites of Chablis in the cooler north as well as quality wines of the Mâconnais and Côtes Chalonnaise
- Visit the most celebrated grand crus of Burgundy. Study the terroirs of renowned vineyard sites and master the intricacies of the appellation and multi-tiered hierarchy system that classifies Burgundy wines.
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at top Burgundy estates. Taste different vintages and experience the depth and remarkable quality of these distinguished wines.
- Lunch and dine in the region's best restaurants and discover the fine local Burgundian cuisine paired with the excellent local wines.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, convivial and unforgettable experience while gaining a complete understanding of Burgundy wines.
Why Embark on the Wine Scholar Guild French Wine Immersion Study Tours:
- Designed by the Wine Scholar Guild, the leading provider for French wine study and certification programs in the world.
- Nearly all-inclusive, with comfortable hotels, fabulous meals with great wines, all winery tours and tastings, and deluxe transportation at a great value
- Group size is kept small to give you access to very special people, estates and places.
- We have more than a decade of experience putting together extraordinary wine trips in all the French wine regions.
- Provide professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program
Experiencing a Wine Scholar immersion tour is the best way to complete your French wine education. Each tour is led by an internationally renowned expert and includes high-caliber wine tastings, vineyards tours, memorable meals, insider producer visits with top estates and more.
Embark on our 2018 only Bourgogne Study Tour with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!