It seems like this will be a full session and I have included some pretty amazing wines for the tasting portion of the class on January 8th.
In a line-up of 8 wines, we are featuring two 10 year old Premier Cru Burgundies from prominent producers, a 2006 red Bordeaux (Chateau Lagrange) and Sequel Syrah which is one of the most acclaimed wines in Washington State. The retail prices of these wines vary from $50 to $75, and in a restaurant they would cost at least twice as more.
I can’t guarantee that you will like the wines. After all, everyone has a unique taste and older vintages are not easy to appreciate, especially by most beginners. But I can guarantee that you will learn by tasting some of the most benchmark wines in the market, a line-up that you would never be able to taste at the price of this class, let alone having an expert guide you through them all.
Dilek Caner, Master of Wine
(Please visit our website for a more detailed description of this class.)
Learning Goals for Wine 101:
- Learn and use a logical system for tasting and evaluating wine. It will help you remember, describe and classify the wines that you taste.
- Understand the different expressions on a wine label.
- Learn about the classical red and white grape varieties, experience and understand their differences.
- Explore the basic principles of food and wine pairing.
- Develop a plan for venturing away from the safe wine that you always drink.
Cost: $75 including all materials and wines to be tasted.
5100 Belt Line Road Suite 400
Dallas, TX 75254