WSET Level 3 Wine Certification In Tampa | Napa Valley Wine Academy
Past Event: Tue, July 9, 2019 to Sat, July 13, 2019 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
WSET Level 3 Intensive 5 Day Level 3 WSET® Advanced Award in Wine & Spirits (Level 3 Online Module Included)
The NEW WSET Level 3 Award in Wines The WSET has changed the structure and educational material for the Level 3 Certification Course. The Napa Valley Wine Academy is Trained, Ready, and Already Teaching in the required method.
WHY take it with the NVWA? Offered by the NVWA This Summer NVWA’s highly credentialed educators are trained in the new Level 3 curriculum through WSET London’s Director of Education and will start offering the NEW Level 3 certification course this August 2016. NVWA Is Already Instructing in the Style Now Required The NEW WSET Level 3 Award in Wines stresses interactive education, something the NVWA incorporated into its classrooms years ago. Instructors guide students towards applying what they know and learn about winemaking, viticulture, climate (and much more) to explain the major styles and quality of key wines of the world. These are important skills necessary for careers in all segments of the industry including retail, restaurant, sales, and hospitality. In addition to developing these skills with students, the NVWA also reinforces knowledge with visual and tactile material and exercises such as:
- Map Exercises • Label Exercises
- Mock and pop quizzes to assess and help establish learning throughout the course
- Wine Note Reviews with detailed feedback
- Short Answer Question Intensive (we spend time on the exam section where most students find difficulty) • Interactive E-learning study modules Greater focus on Winemaking and Viticulture
- Our instructors work in the wine trade and include winemakers and viticulturists as well as highly credentialed educators who are trained in winemaking and vineyard practices around the world.
- The very tools needed to understand the theoretical material in the presentations and exercises naturally surround us in our Napa Valley headquarters and other key locations – giving you the extra advantage of educational visits into the cellar and into the vineyard to solidify your learning. Stricter Standards for the Systematic Approach to Tasting and the Tasting Examination
- Led by WSET-Certified tasting assessors holding the rigorous WSET Diploma and the Master of Wine credentials, our instructors will prepare students to use the SAT and its five-point scale to gain the best advantage in writing professional tasting notes. WSET-Certified instructors review mock notes and provide detailed feedback to each student.
- Please also note that Spirits has been separated out from the Level 3 Award in Wines, and is now offered through a certification course dedicated solely to the vast array of Spirits products and styles created around the world.
- PLEASE NOTE that Level 3 WSET courses take place over 5 consecutive days (with the exam held on day 6):
Price $1595 (includes all study materials, wines, lunch during the course, online module, and exam fees)