Local Event Premier Host
WSET Level 3 Award In Wines - Day Class (5 Weeks)
Mon, October 18, 2021 (10:00 AM - 5:15 PM)
An advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts
- Anyone wanting a thorough understanding of the key factors that account for the style, quality and price of primary still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world.
- Professionals in retail and hospitality industries looking for the knowledge to advise management, make informed selections of wines and answer customer questions authoritatively.
- Wine enthusiasts and collectors searching for more in-depth understanding on wines of the world including assessing quality and price.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or equivalent experience is strongly recommended. If you have any questions please contact Spirited Grape.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
Learn from instructors with “real world” experience. Class instruction includes guided tastings, interactive sessions and exercises designed to bring complete understanding of the learning objectives
- 32.5-hour program (30-hours of instruction and 2.5-hours exam)
- WSET Level 3 Wine Study Kit
- Guided tastings of over 75 wines
- WSET Level 3 Wine exam - 50 multiple choice questions, a paper of short written answers, and a blind tasting of two wines