Local Event Premier Host
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting 35+ wines and learning about theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
– How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
– How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties
– The style and quality of wines made from regionally important grape varieties, produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
– How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of Sparkling wines & Fortified wines
– Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
– Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
– Principles of food and wine pairing
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 60 minutes. A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin.