WSET Level 1 Award In Wines Online & Live
Sat, August 22, 2020 (9:00 AM - 2:30 PM)
$350 – Full-day online course with wine samples
Includes all WSET study materials, wine tasting samples selected by Jay Youmans MW, online class session guided by a CWS instructor, and the examination.
Wine samples will be available for curbside pickup by appoinment on August 21 between 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
Online Exam September 12, 2020 10:00am - 10:45am
6 Guided Learning Hours, including 45 minutes for the examination
This class covers the main types of wine, the most common grape varieties, wine service, storing and serving wine, tasting technique, how to describe the smell and taste of wine, and the basics of pairing food and wine. During the class, students taste eight different wines. At the end of the day, students take a 45-minute, multiple choice exam. Those who pass the exam receive the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines.
Approximate Class Schedule
9:00 a.m. Class Begins
2:30 p.m. Class Ends
*There will be a break mid-day for lunch
System Requirements for WebEx
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows OS support on Microsoft Surface Pro is supported.
- Each Webex Meetings monthly release is tested and certified against the current preview of monthly rollup and all semi-annual Windows 10 releases.
- Webex Meetings supports Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 with limitation that, for Webex meetings, Productivity Tools, and the desktop application, if a user doesn’t have administrator privileges, then an administrator is required to install the Webex Meetings applications and Productivity Tools.
Mac OS X
- FedRAMP-compliant Webex Meetings sites require Mac OS 10.13 or later.
- Starting with Mac OS X 10.7, Apple no longer offers Java as part of the Mac operating system. Since Webex Meetings previously relied on the Java browser plugin to download the meeting application for first-time users, users without Java installed found it difficult to join a meeting. The dependency on Java was removed. Instead, the user is asked to install a small plugin that, once installed, handles the rest of the meeting application installation and then starts the meeting.
Webex Support is an exception, and is still dependent on Java. Mac users can still download and install Java to use Webex Support.
- When you start or join an event using Webex Events for the first time on Safari 6.X and Safari 7, a problem occurs. After you have installed Webex, Safari requires you to trust the plugin for the site you are attempting to join or start the event from. The page will refresh after that, but you will not join the event. In order to join, go back to the link you originally selected and you will be able to join successfully.