Cost: $67 in advance / $77 day of event (if available)
Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced, for a guided viticultural tasting and walking tour of Portland's vibrant restaurant scene as you explore some delicious examples wines from France's beloved Loire Valley paired with delicious foods at four great establishments.
You're in for an incredible wine education experience. You'll walk away understanding how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence in knowing how to evaluate, select, serve, and pair wines with food, and describe what you smell and taste. Plan to learn a lot, discover some delicious wines and restaurants and have a great time doing it.
* Taste and learn about some delicious wines from France's Loire Valley
* Find out what makes the Loire one of France's most diverse wine landscapes and the sub wine regions you should be in the know about
* Discuss major styles and influences of different sub-regions on the wines they produce
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four restaurants we visit
Must be 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $67 in advance / $77 day of event (if available) at winewiseevents.com.