Local Event Premier Host
Riesling as a grape variety is celebrating its 587th birthday this year. Perhaps the most misunderstood and sometimes under-appreciated variety, Riesling is made in such a diversity of styles: from light-bodied refreshing Kabinetts to Grosses Gewaches and TBAs that can age for decades, it is a wondrously transparent variety that speaks the truth of terroir.
1. Selbach Oster Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett 2019
2. Pewsey Vale Riesling 2020
3. F.X. Pichler Riesling Smaragd 2018
4. Rheingau: Robert Weil Kiedrich Gräfenberg GG 2018
5. Burklin Wolf Gaisbühl GG 2012
6. Markus Molitor Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese 2011
7. Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Auslese 2002
8. Ayler Kupp Riesling Eiswein G Simon 2001
9. Bonus Wine
Instructor Diane Wu
Riesling winemaker, Master of Wine Candidate, and German Riesling ambassador will compare a broad range of styles with a German focus along a 40+ year timeline! Whether you are a loyal lover of this unique variety or just curious, this opportunity to taste some legendary Rieslings side-by-side is not to be missed. Creative food pairings will surprise and delight.