The Remarkable Wines Of Eastern Europe
Thu, April 6, 2023 (6:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Eastern Europe is home to some of the world’s oldest winemaking traditions. The region is known for wines that are diverse and unique. Immerse yourself in aromatic whites, structured red wines, and funky orange wines as you learn about the rich history of this singular wine region.
Classes are 2 hours long, including a Q&A session with Astor Center Instructor, Vitalii Dascaliuc.
What you can expect:
- 1 Welcome wine
- 6 Tasting pours of Eastern European wines
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese
- A 20% discount on all wines tasted to use in-store after class
What you will learn:
- The time-honored winemaking traditions of Hungary, Czech Republic, Croatia, and others
- A breakdown of this region’s winemaking styles and indigenous grape varietals
- The flavor profiles of Eastern European wines and how to describe them
- How to read labels and find wines that match your preferences