Cost: $85 in advance / $95 day of (if available)
Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced for a gorgeous scenic wine sail on board the 74-foot sailboat Frances, built by her Captains and crew on Portland's waterfront as you explore some incredibly delicious examples of Pinot Noir from renown regions if the world that you'll love to have in your repertoire. You're in for an incredible wine education experience as you sail through Maine’s beautiful Casco Bay with scenic views of Maine lighthouses, islands, and waterways .. all while indulging in a wine class. You'll walk away with knowing a lot about wine, how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence knowing how evaluate, select and pair wines and describe what you smell and taste.
* Taste and learn about delicious examples of Pinot Noir from renown regions if the world that you'll love to have in your repertoire
* Find out what makes each region unique in their styles of wine they produce
* Discuss the major grape varieties and these up and coming contenders worthy of your attention
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy a selection of delicious cheeses, fruit, and nuts.
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $85 in advance / $95 day of (if available) at winewiseevents.com