WSET Level 2 Award In Wines - Online
Past Event: Mon, November 11, 2019 (6:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits for those working in the industry or wine and spirit enthusiasts.
- Individuals looking for a core understanding in worldwide wines.
- Appropriate for individuals in hospitality, retail and wholesale industries.
- Valuable to any individual interested in learning about wines.
- No previous study requirements, no wine knowledge is assumed. WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is NOT a prerequisite to taking WSET Level 2 Award in Wines.
- At least 21 years of age.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Syrah/Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties and produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of: Sparkling wines and Fortified wines
- Key labeling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
Learn about wines through our 5-week WSET Level 2 Online study program that is flexible to work around your busy schedule. The WSET Level 2 Online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive online classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator. This is a five week, instructor led online course with fixed start and end dates.
The course follows a weekly structure, but it allows the student to work ahead or catch up on activities and forums. There are no set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars.
Each week consists of a series of online activities, often based on group discussion, with an online tutor allocated to guide you in your studies. A timed feedback test is provided at the end of each week for you to practice for the exam and assess your understanding of that week’s topics. Group tasting activities are also provided to familiarize you with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at the beginner level.
Online Class includes:
- 5 week guided study (1-year course access)
- WSET Level 2 Wines Study Kit
- WSET Level 2 Wines exam - closed book, 50 multiple choice questions. Exams must be scheduled and taken in person at our Providence, RI location.