Online Class Premier Host
We are proud to offer our WSET Level 2 in Wines certification in a virtual classroom setting.
– Course will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 6pm to 8pm, beginning on August 24th, 2021 until September 9th, 2021;
– Course delivery will be live, via Webinar, and students will still have the chance to ask questions and receive answers in real time;
– You will need access to a reliable internet connection on a PC or Mac. The software connection will be provided by us via Zoom, and students will receive a dedicated webinar passcode that will enable them to join the private session;
– A guided tasting tutorial will still be given. Students will have the opportunity to purchase the recommended tasting samples from 305wines.com. Purchase of the wines is not a requirement for participating, although extremely helpful. Wine pack is NOT included in the price for the Webinar;
– Students enrolled in the WSET Level 2 will have the option to take their exams online via Remote Invigilation.The candidates will take the exam on a computer in a secure environment from their home where they are monitored via webcam, screen sharing technology and a secondary recording device (cell phone). Students will still need to register for their exams through Florida Wine Academy, and will be taken at a pre-determined date and time.
The cost for the course is $599 + $265 for the wine pack and includes the virtual classroom session, materials, shipping, exam, certificate and pin for all students who pass the exam.
– How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
– How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties
– The style and quality of wines made from regionally important grape varieties, produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
– How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of Sparkling wines & Fortified wines
– Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
– Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
– Principles of food and wine pairing