Online Class Premier Host
WSET Level 1 In Spirits Webinar - April 2021
Wed, April 28, 2021 (6:00 PM - 8:30 PM)
Thu, April 29, 2021 (6:00 PM - 8:30 PM)
We are proud to offer our WSET Level 1 in Spirits certification in a virtual classroom setting.
Here is how this format works:
- Course will be on April 28th and 29th, 2021 from 6pm to 8.30pm;
- Course delivery will be live, via Webinar, and students will still have the chance to ask questions and receive answers in real time;
- You will need access to a reliable internet connection on a PC or Mac. The software connection will be provided by us via Zoom, and students will receive a dedicated webinar passcode that will enable them to join the private session;
- A guided tasting tutorial will be given. Students will have the opportunity to purchase recommended tasting samples from a liquor store;
- Students enrolled in the WSET Level 1 Spirits will be able to take their exams online at home via Remote Invigilation. The candidates will take the exam on a computer in a secure environment from their home where they are monitored via webcam, screen sharing technology and a secondary recording device (cell phone). Students will still need to register for their exams through Florida Wine Academy, and will be taken at a pre-determined date and time.
- The cost for the course is $299 and includes the virtual classroom session, materials, shipping, exam (RI or in-person), certificate and pin (if you pass the exam).
About the course
A beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits.
For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. You’ll explore the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Price includes the WSET Level 1 study guide, tuition, exam, certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the examination).
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 45 minutes. A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin.
Course instructor is Alessandra Esteves, DipWSET, FWS, CSW, MAES, MW candidate.