Wanna know a secret? Bordeaux is the largest region of fine wines in the world and it is the world’s most popular wine for many reasons, starting from their unique taste, character and style in their wines. Join us as we discover why Bordeaux has such an enviable reputation for its red wines.
This introductory class is that is packed with practical information that will turn you into a confident wine consumer–in more ways than one! Improve your wine knowledge and discover your wine palate!
Learn a lifelong skill that can help you in your quest to find your dream wine!
1) History and the importance of the 1855, 1955, 1959 Bordeaux Classifications & Cru Bourgeois wines
2) Understanding Bordeaux’s 7 main appellations and their different wine styles
3) Bordeaux grape varieties: characteristic aromas and flavors
4) The flavor profiles of Left Bank and Right Bank wines, how they differ and why
5) Wine investments – What to invest in Bordeaux and make some extra cash
6) Read and understand any Bordeaux labels—even if you don’t speak French
1) Compare and taste the 5 different wines from famous regions of Bordeaux
2) Put Your Wine Palate To The Test – Premium Wines vs Entry Level Wines
3) What to look out for when buying wines
4) Language and techniques of tasting wines
5) Learn to write wine tasting notes
Not only will you learn about the famous 1855 classification of Bordeaux, compare and contrast famous wine regions, you will have the chance to taste a 40+ year old Grand Cru Classe wine.
An Opportunity Not To Be Missed!
This may be your oldest wine you will ever taste!
Learn how to identify an award winning wine by tasting one of Singapore’s Gold award wine endorsed by THE PEAK MAGAZINE and TOWER CLUB. This wine was selected “blinded” out of 200+ wines by a panel of judges comprising of Singapore’s Master of Wine – Tan Ying Hsien, President of Sommelier Association of Singapore – Gerald Lu and 11 other well respected wine experts. Come and taste how a good wine should be.
Make new wine friends in a calm, relaxing, and comfortable atmosphere! Share and compare tasting notes.
As one of the world’s famous wine critic – Robert Parker quoted:
“Wine to me is something that brings people together. Wine does promote conversation and promote civility, but it’s also fascinating. It’s the greatest subject to study!”