Luxury boutique hotel Monteverdi Tuscany is proud to present its second annual Brunello Experience from February 21-25, 2020. February in Tuscany signals the official release of the latest vintage of the region’s Brunello di Montalcino, a varietal of wine that ages for five years before it can officially be sold. The 2015 vintage is highly anticipated as early reviews are saying it could be among the best in history.
The nearby Tuscan town of Montalcino sees hundreds of wine writers and others in the industry flocking to “Benvenuto Brunello,” an annual event where more than 200 producers of Brunello debut their wines. Monteverdi takes a more exclusive, relaxed, insider approach to tasting and savoring these wines with its intimate Brunello Experience program.
A guided excursion to Montalcino and curated visit to Benvenuto Brunello will acquaint guests with the heritage and landscape that gives birth to Brunello. Classes at the Monteverdi Culinary Academy will teach guests how to prepare dishes that pair beautifully with Brunello. Local wineries Casanova di Neri and Podere le Ripi will introduce guests to all the nuances and complexities of their latest Brunello vintages, along with their other acclaimed wines. In short, you will experience the highlights of Benvenuto Brunello but in a much more relaxing and enjoyable manner, at a luxury boutique hotel offering full services and amenities throughout your stay.
Join us for an intimate introduction to Brunello di Montalcino.
• 4-night stay in Monteverdi’s highest room category available at the time of booking
• Daily breakfast in our fine-dining restaurant, Oreade
• Wi-fi and sparkling and still water in room, refreshed daily
• Four (4) dinners at Monteverdi Tuscany (including a Chef’s table/winemaker dinner in Monteverdi’s Culinary Academy) and one (1) lunch in Monteverdi’s Enoteca, all incorporating Brunellos from some of the finest producers and vintages
• Evening cocktail hours, accompanied by music in Monteverdi’s Lounge Bar
• Tour and private tasting at Casanova di Neri winery
• Lunch in Montalcino at a restaurant carefully chosen by our Executive Chef, Giancarla Bodoni
• Cooking class and lunch with wine pairings in the Monteverdi Culinary Academy, led by Chef Bodoni
• Exclusive entry into Montalcino’s Benvenuto Brunello, guided by Podere le Ripi
• Tour of Podere le Ripi winery, followed by a private wine tasting and multi-course lunch
• Wine-based spa treatment in the world-class Monteverdi Spa
• Round-trip transportation for all events included in this itinerary