Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Level II: Award in Wines
Presented by WSET Certified Educators
Upcoming Course Date(s):
Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday, February 2, 2020 9:00am-5:00pm - review will take place at the end of the day
Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:00-5:00 pm - examination
Deadline for registration is January 20, 2020.
Level 2 Award in Wines Overview:
This globally-recognized qualification explores the key grape varieties grown around the world, growing regions that define world's key wines, the different styles of wine produced, key labeling terminology, systematic approach to wine tasting, and major classifications to help you identify wines with confidence. An introduction to the main spirits categories and production is also included.
This course is made up of two days of lectures followed by a review along with a 50 mulitple choice examination givew on a different date.
Earn A Credential In Wine:
Candidates who successfully complete the certification course and pass the examination will have gained:
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits certificate
- WSET lapel pin
- Training in the broad range of wine, spirits and liqueur and the knowledge to help you in sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry
- Tutored blind tasting experience using the WSET methodology
- Ability to access a wine's quality and price
- Ability to move onto the Level III: Award in Wines Qualification