Australia Day is the official national day of Australia and it is celebrated annually on 26 January. It marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales. In present-day Australia, celebrations reflect the diverse society and landscape of the nation and are marked by community and family events.
The Australian Wine Society of Toronto is having its own celebration on Saturday Jan 25th. Join His Excellency Dr. Grayson Perry, Australian Consul General, and the rest of AWS at the Faculty Club to enjoy an Australian themed dining event, prepared by Chef Harold. The evening's fare will be complimented by a curated selection of Australian wines presented by our cellar master, Joe Gentile.
The evening will begin with a reception from 6:30 p.m. with sparkling wine (red and white) and a great selection of hors d'oeuvres. We will begin seating for our three course dinner shortly after 7:00 p.m..
Cost will be $110 for AWS members, $120 for non-member guests and $110 for Faculty Club members. All taxes and fees are included.
Our four course dinner will include:
- Grilled Duck Breast with Chutney on toast
- Vegetable Spring Roll with Thai Sause
- Lobster and Corn Dumpling with Mango Aioli
❖ Majella Sparkling Shiraz 2017 (Coonawarra)
❖ Jacob’s Creek, Chardonnay Pinot Noir Sparkling
First Course (choice of one)
- Mixed Heritage Greens with Lemon Myrtle dressing
- Roasted Squash, Apple and Hazelnut soup
❖ Evans & Tate Sauvignon Blanc 2016 (Margaret's River)
Main Course (choice of one)
- Char Grilled South Pacific Red Snapper, with Saffron Risotto, sautéed Oyster Mushrooms. Finished with a Chardonnay Beurre Blanc
- Rosemary Braised Australian Lamb Shanks in Shiraz reduction with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables
- Vegetarian Risotto with Bushbery spiced Tofu and Edamame beans
❖ Hidden Story Chardonnay 2015 (Victoria)
❖ Pertaringa Undercover Shiraz 2015 (McLaren Vale)
Dessert Course (choice of one)
- Passion Fruit and Mango Pavlova
- Lemon and Coconut Dacquoise Mango Coulis