Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced, for a guided viticultural tasting and walking tour of Portland’s vibrant West End restaurant scene as you explore some incredible examples of wines from Mediterranean Europe paired with delicious foods from four great restaurants. You're in for an incredible wine education experience. You'll walk away knowing how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence in knowing how to evaluate, select, serve, and pair wines, and describe what you smell and taste. Plan to learn a lot about wine and have a great time doing it.
* Taste and learn about delicious wines from The Mediterranean's diverse regions
* Discover what makes each region unique and its impact on the styles of wines produced
* Discuss major styles of Mediterranean red wines
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four restaurants we visit