Course Start Date: 7th March 2020
Course End Date: 8th March 2020
Exam Date: 14th March 2020
Registration Deadline: 24th February 2020
The WSET Level 2 Wine course is an intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
What you’ll learn:
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:Key labeling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
The course fee is $595 per student including tax and we offer a special discounted price of $550 including tax for all food & beverage professionals!
The course fee covers all materials and wine tasting samples. Successful candidates will receive a personalized qualification certificate and a lapel pin.
This is a 2-day course and the examination is held one week after the course.