PINOT TASTE OFF - we learn, we laugh, we love to taste... BLIND... 21 wines when sold out... Which is Central Coast, Which is Northern California, which is not? Can you find the Chilean? The Oregon or New Zealand.... what is the difference? We call it... Central Coast vs. Northern California vs. The World
We cover a ton of ground and have a ton of fun doing it... and at the end of the night we pick a favorite or two!!! It's the PINOT TASTE OFF - limited to 24 guests. We use the best in glassware, and provide a petite cheese plate from Chefs’ Warehouse. No prerequisite here - come and learn... experts are encouraged to be vocal.
Class is hosted by Ian Blackburn, 25 year wine industry Vet and he knows many of these producers - personally. Bring a friend or 3 or come along and make new wine friends. Our downtown loft is private, comfortable, and well-suited.
DRESS CODE: "come as you are" - some make a night of it and roll out to the dozens of hot-spots within walking distance of the loft.
PARKING: UBER or LYFT are recommended and as easy as can be, but street-parking is free in the Arts District.
CENTRAL COAST VS. NORTHERN COAST VS. THE WORLD Flight One:
- Silver Wine Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara County, USA, 2013
- Sidesways, Pinot Noir, CASABLANCA VALLEY, 2016.
- 50 by 50 Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast, USA, 2017
- Verdad Sawyer Lindquist Vineyard Pinot Noir, Edna Valley, 2014, 2012
- A to Z Wineworks Oregon Pinot Noir, Oregon, 2016
- Williams Selyem Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, California, 2013
- La Voix 'Satisfaction' Pinot Noir, Sta Rita Hills, USA, 2015
- Rex Hill Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, 2016
- Amici Cellars Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, California, USA, 2017
- Tantara Winery Bien Nacido Vineyard Old Vine Pinot Noir, Santa Maria Valley, USA, 2010
- Archery Summit Estate Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills, 2016
- Cellars 33 Hummingbird Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir, Sonoma County, 2015, 2016
- Loring Wine Co. Rosella's Vineyard Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia Highlands, 2017
- Neudorf Tom's Block Pinot Noir, Nelson, New Zealand, 2014
- Argot Wines 'Mosaic' Pinot Noir, Sonoma County, 2016
- Brewer-Clifton Sta Rita Hills Pinot Noir, California, 2016
- Forrest Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand, 2015
- Goldeneye Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, Mendocino County, 2013
- La Barge Pinot Noir, Sta Rita Hills, 2016
- Brightwater Vineyards Pinot Noir, Nelson, New Zealand, 2017
- Copain Wines Les Voisins Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley, USA, 2016