Paris Wine Cup - Awarding Wines by Quality, Value, and Packaging
The Paris Wine Cup aims to recognize, reward and promote wine brands that have successfully been created to identify with and target a specific wine drinker. For any wine brand to earn its place on a retailer’s shelf or a restaurant’s wine list - and then vitally stay there - they need to be marketable and consumer driven and not just produced in the general hope it can find enough people willing to sell and buy it.
The competition follows strict rules concerning its organization, criteria, Judging, and Results.
A competition that will judge wines in three key areas:
- Their quality.
- Their value for money.
- What they look like.
To be an award winner you will need to have a top-quality wine, that offers both the trade and the consumer great value for money, and you will need to look good and truly stand out on the shelf and on the back bar.
The Paris Wine Cup will be assessed and judged by a leading panel of top-level wine buyers with current direct commercial buying responsibility. Or wine consultants and experts who are also directly involved in the development of new wine brands or buying wine for commercial resale.
Paris Wine Cup rewards wines that are made well, taste great, offer great value for money and stand out on the shelf. Winning PWC Gold clearly demonstrates the trade how well the wine will be perceived in the market and will give the trade a very good indicator to stock that wine.
Here are some of the benefits and reasons on why you should enter your wines in Paris Wine Cup.
- Raise your brands’ profile, prestige, and credibility with importers, distributors, press, retailers, and consumers
- Instil confidence in the trade buyer about the marketability of your wine as PWC rates wines by its value, package, and quality.
- Winners to be showcased at PWC participating events at no extra fees.
- Winners to get access to stickers and all winning materials at no extra fees.
- Increase product sales
- Boost awareness of your brand in the media via extensive editorial and press coverage via PWC media partners
- Use the PWC logo on packaging and as part of your own promotional plan
- Social media promotion of winners ALL YEAR ROUND
Judging will take place on March 17, 2020, at a central Paris venue, Les Salons Hoche. To be considered in the competition all products must be with WS Logistics by Feb 20th, 2020.
Paris Wine Cup will be decided based on the following judging formula
- Q (Quality Score) + Value Score (V) + Package Score (P) = Paris Wine Cup Score.
- A separate weighted score will be given for each of the three parts of the judging process. The scores will be added up to give a final score from which individual prizes will be awarded.
- Quality Score: will be marked out of 50
- Value Score: will be marked out of 25
- Package Score: will be marked out of 25
- Gold: to receive a Gold medal you need to score 90 or over.
- Silver: you need to score between 76-89
- Bronze: you need to score between 65-75.
- Other Categories
- Wine Of The Year
- Winery Of The Year
- Best In Show Wine (By Price Category)
- Best In Show Wine (By Varietal Category)
- Best In Show Wine (By Country Category)