Dates: June 7 - 12, 2020
6 days, 5 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to discover the Alsace wine region with your instructor, Andrew Jefford, an award-winning journalist for Decanter magazine, presenter of Decanter master classes and an author of numerous books on wine including The New France.
The Alsace Wine Tour and Study Trip Highlights:
Alsace is uniquely positioned in North-East France, between the Vosges Mountains and the German border. Cut off topographically from the rest of France and wide open to the Rhine and its people, Alsace has developed a unique culture and wine tradition that is an amalgamation of both Teutonic and Gallic influences. With 5 sub-regions, 13 grape varieties, 200+ terroir styles, and 1,000 producers crafting more than 10, 000 cuvées of dry, semi-dry, semi-sweet or sweet wines every year, Alsace is incredibly complex. This tour will allow you to master this fascinating wine region.
- Discover the Alsace wine region with your instructor, Andrew Jefford, an award-winning journalist for Decanter magazine, presenter of Decanter master classes and author of numerous books on wine including The New France.
- Tour through Alsace and study the difference in Alsace wine styles.
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at top Alsace estates. Taste different vintages and experience the depth and remarkable quality of these distinguished wines.
- Taste rare sweet wines considered amongst the greatest botrytis-affected dessert wines of the world.
- Learn about winemaking practices in Alsace when guided by the sun, the moon and the stars with a pioneer of biodynamic viticulture in the region, Olivier Humbrecht, MW
- Lunch and dine in the region's best restaurants and discover the signature dishes of Alsace and their traditional wine pairings.
Your Guide & Instructor: Andrew Jefford
- Award-wining wine journalist for Decanter Magazine
- Featured presenter for Decanter Education's masterclasses
- Author of 12 books on wine including The New France
Your 6 Day, 5 Night Alsace Immersion Study Trip includes:
- Instruction throughout by renowned Decanter columnist and wine educator Andrew Jefford
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- The complete Wine Scholar Guild Alsace Master Level online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 1 night at 4-star Hotel Beaucour in Strasbourg, double occupancy
- 4 nights at 4-star James Boutique Hotel in Colmar, double occupancy
- 2 gastronomic dinners, including one at a Michelin 2-star restaurant, paired with great wines
- 4 gourmet lunches with top-quality wines
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants