Dates: May 24-29, 2020
6 days, 5 nights
Limited to 15 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of these authentic wine regions of France with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
Your Guide & Instructor: Andrew Jefford
- Wine Scholar Guild Academic Advisor
- Award-wining wine journalist for Decanter Magazine
- Featured presenter for Decanter Education's master classes
- Author of 12 books on wine including The New France
Discover the Burgundy wine region with your instructor, Andrew Jefford, an award-winning journalist for Decanter Magazine, presenter of Decanter master classes and an author of numerous books on wine including The New France.
- Tour through Burgundy and study the differences in Burgundy wine styles. Discover the prestigious wines of the Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits, the bone-dry whites of Chablis in the cooler north as well as quality wines of the Mâconnais and Côtes Chalonnaise.
- Visit the most celebrated grand crus of Burgundy. Study the terroirs of renowned vineyard sites and master the intricacies of the appellation and multi-tiered hierarchy system that classifies Burgundy wines.
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at top Burgundy estates. Taste different vintages and experience the depth and remarkable quality of these distinguished wines.
- Lunch and dine in the region's best restaurants and discover the fine local Burgundian cuisine paired with the excellent local wines.
Your 6 Day, 5 Night Burgundy Immersion Study Trip includes:
Instruction throughout by renowned Decanter columnist and wine educator Andrew Jefford
Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
The complete Wine Scholar Guild Bourgogne Master Level online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, including transfer on last day, with bottled water on-board
5 nights at 4-star Hotel Mercure Beaune Centre in Beaune, double occupancy.
2 gastronomic dinners, including two at Michelin 1-star restaurants, expertly matched with top-quality wines
4 gourmet lunches expertly matched with top-quality wines
5 delicious buffet breakfasts
All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top wine producers
All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
For information about the WSG study tours, feel welcome to contact Lauriann Greene, the Study Trip Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 302-415-3036