Dates: October 4 - 9, 2020
6 days, 5 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Embark on our 2020 Bordeaux Study Trip with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!
Your Guide & Instructor: Jane Anson
- Bordeaux Correspondent and columnist for Decanter Magazine
- Bordeaux resident
- Author of “Bordeaux Legends, The 1855 First Growth Wines”
- Award-winning author, including “Wine Revolution”
Bordeaux is the largest and most renowned fine wine-producing region in France. Its iconic reds have served as the benchmark around the world for Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot blends. Excellent whites, both sweet and dry, are also produced in Bordeaux. Its sheer size has given rise to numerous sub-regions, appellations, classification systems, and “châteaux”, the famous wine estates of Bordeaux.
- Gain extensive knowledge of this vast region through the precise instruction of a world-renowned wine expert combined with insider visits and wine tastings at the very best châteaux.
- Discover the Bordeaux wine region with your instructor, Jane Anson, Bordeaux Correspondent for Decanter Magazine
- Travel to the most prestigious vineyard areas of Bordeaux, including the Médoc, the Graves and Sauternais, and the Saint-Émilion and Pomerol subregions. Study their respective terroirs and master their specific appellation and classification systems.
- Experience first-rate visits and tastings at Bordeaux’s most prestigious châteaux.
- Explore one of the lesser-known, excellent value appellations like Fronsac or Côtes de Castillon.
- Discover the elegant city of Bordeaux with its graceful streets, lovely waterfront walks and great wine bars.
- Stroll through the cobblestone streets of Saint-Emilion, a charming village surrounded by vineyards dating back to medieval times.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover exquisite local specialties matched with excellent Bordeaux wines.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or as committed wine lovers. Share a highly educational, friendly and unforgettable experience while gaining a comprehensive understanding of what makes the wines of Bordeaux so unique.
Your 6 Day, 5 Night Bordeaux Immersion Study Trip includes:
- Instruction throughout by Jane Anson, Bordeaux correspondent for Decanter Magazine
- The services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support.
- The complete Wine Scholar Guild Bordeaux Master Level online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 5 nights at 4-star Hotel de Sèze in the city of Bordeaux, double occupancy
- 4 gourmet lunches with top-quality wines of the region
- 2 gastronomic dinners with top-quality wines of the region, including 1 at a Michelin 1-star restaurant
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and tastings at top chateaux, including First Growths and other classified growth chateaux
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
For more information please contact Lauriann Greene, the Study Trip Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 302-415-3036.