AS MUCH FUN AS YOU CAN HAVE WINE TASTING!
We pour 18 wines (more when we sell-out) three wines at-a-time, blind! We tell you what they are, what they smell/taste like, but we don’t tell you which glass they’re in! You work with your team to guess the right answers while we provide you with some stellar trivia and other competitive elements. This class helps develop tasting skills to help identify wines. It's fast, it's fun… it's delicious!!!
Build your palate, reinforce and expand what you know, or learn it for the first time! This class is fun for everyone ߘʰߍ·
- ߑAroma Training ✨ - learn how to smell wine differently
Tasting Vocabulary ߤ- get your wine game in gear!
- ߌOld World Detection ߔ - stone, earth, acidity, etched acidity, like a fingerprint!
- ߌNew World Characteristics ߔ - fruit forward, use of wood, acid, or underripe?
- Learn Alcohol, Oak, Fruit/Varietal, Place, Vintage, Variation!
- Understand more and build your palate! ߑŰߏ˯؏♀️
SAMPLE WINE LIST
- Ken Forrester Sauvignon Blanc, Stellenbosch, South Africa 2016
- Vincent Vatan Pouilly-Fume Selection Silex, Loire, France 2011
- Chateau Saint-Florin Blanc, Bordeaux, France 2013
- Pighin Sauvignon Blanc Friuli Grave, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy 2014
- Weingut Friedrich Becker B Spatburgunder Trocken, Pfalz, Germany 2008
- Elouan Pinot Noir, Oregon, USA 2015
- Thibault Liger-Belair Bourgogne Rouge Les Grands Chaillots, Burgundy, France 2010
- Modus Operandi Cellars Pinot Noir Bacigalupi Vineyard, Russian River Valley, USA 2014
- Diamantakos Xinomavro, Naousa, Greece 2011
- Bibi Graetz Testamatta Le Cicale di Vincigliata, Chianti DOCG, Italy 2012
- Bodegas Vetus 'Vetus', Toro, Spain 2011
- Dane Cellars Los Chamizal Vineyard Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley, USA 2013
- Boekenhoutskloof The Chocolate Block, Franschhoek Valley, South Africa 2015
- Leeuwin Estate Prelude Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - Merlot, Margaret River, Australia 2009
- Mullan Road Cellars Red, Columbia Valley, USA 2014
- Black Rhino Cabernet Sauvignon, Wellington, South Africa 2015
- Dominio del Plata Crios de Susana Balbo Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendoza, Argentina 2015
ABOUT IAN BLACKBURN
| THE HOST
Ian is a 25+ year wine veteran, a winemaker (Beekeeper), hosted over 1700 classes and events in the past 25 years and loves to meet new people that are really into great wine and lifestyle. Click here to learn more about Ian Blackburn and to hire him for you private or corporate event.
| FOUNDED IN 1995
WineLA has a 4.5 rating on Yelp - with over 100,000 students. This is the USA’s leading wine education and event company - wineLA innovates the categories - competitive tastings - muscle wine dinners - legends of the cellars - opened not just discussed… we open the greatest wines ever made in LA’s top locations… join us.