Coffee and chocolate may be two of humanity’s greatest loves, so we figured why not combine them? Set in Toronto’s charming Distillery District, join us on an exploration of coffee and chocolate that will leave you in bliss. See, touch, taste and smell chocolate in all its forms with an industry expert at SOMA; North America’s first bean-to-bar chocolate maker. Discover the origins of chocolate and how it spread across the globe to become one of our favourite treats. See the machinery used in modern chocolate making, and taste the cacao nibs, single-origin bars, and inspired truffles. The journey continues with the story of Coffee. Cup coffee like a professional in order to discover the nuances of each brew. A flight of different origins will show you how growing conditions, processing, and roasting affects the finished beverage. This tour will leave you buzzin'!
As a grand finale we will pair some chocolate with our coffee and discuss which are the most complimentary and why.
• A brief history of the Distillery District and how fermentation plays a role in alcohol, coffee, and chocolate.
• 5-part chocolate tasting and seminar
• Expert-led coffee cupping of 6 Origins and Roast
• A pastry from a local bakery
• A passionate local foodie guide