As part of the first ever global Wine Education Week, and on the afternoon of the famous Bermondsey Street Festival, WSET School London will be halting classes and welcoming in new friends and neighbours. This one-off tasting offers a brilliant opportunity for anyone with an interest in wine to taste through a selection of 50 great bottles, meet our team of wine educators, and get a little taste of wine school!
It's a walkaround wine tasting, with an educational twist. Each of WSET School London's expert educators have designed their own 'liquid lesson'. They've chosen a diverse selection of 50 great bottles, each with something to teach you about the world of wine, including:
- How to tackle food and wine pairing
- Features of common grape varieties and wine regions
- How climate affects the taste of your wine
- How wine changes as it gets older
- How to decipher wine label terminology
- The differences between Prosecco, Cava and Champagne
- How oak affects wines and spirits
- What sake is, and which key styles you should look out for
This relaxed Saturday afternoon tasting is the perfect way to get a taste of the fascinating world of wine education.
About WSET School London
Based on Bermondsey Street in London Bridge, WSET School London is the world’s largest wine, spirits and sake school. Each year we teach thousands of enthusiasts and professionals from all over the globe about these fascinating beverages and how to get the most out of every sip. Established in 1969, we have over 50 years of experience turning wine lovers like you into wine experts.