Join us us in Maine's Most colorful season for onboard the 74-foot gaff-rigged topsail sloop, Frances, that was built by her Captains and crew on Portland's waterfront. Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced will guide you in a wine education and discussion on some delicious Champagne wines from this renown region of France ... and we'll pair each wine with a selection of fresh Maine oysters shucked right on board as you sail through Maine’s beautiful Casco Bay with scenic views of Maine coastlines, fall foliage, lighthouses and islands .... all while indulging in a wine class.
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
* Taste and learn about different houses and styles of Champagne that you'll love to know about
* Find out what makes each Champagne unique
* Discuss major Champagne wine styles, grape varieties, methods of production, trends and more
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a Champagne wine label when selecting your next Champagne
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy a selection of fresh Maine oysters that are shucked right on board the Frances
* Learn from the oyster experts about the variety of oysters available here in Maine
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Tickets are $115 in advance / $125 day of (if available) at winewiseevents.com.