Join us in Maine's most colorful season for a gorgeous scenic wine sail on board the 74-foot Sailboat, Frances, built by her Captains and crew on Portland's waterfront as you explore some delicious sparkling wines from around the world with Sommelier Erica Archer. You're in for an incredible wine education experience as you sail through Maine’s beautiful Casco Bay with scenic views of Maine lighthouses, islands, and waterways. You'll walk away with knowing how regional influences impact sparkling wine styles and quality, gain confidence knowing how evaluate, select, serve, and pair wines and describe what you smell and taste.
* Taste and learn about some delicious high-quality sparking wines that you'll be thrilled to know about
* Discover what makes each sparkling wine and wine region unique
* Discuss major styles and influences of the different regions on the wines they produce
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a sparkling wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy a selection of delicious cheeses, fruit, and nuts.
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $85 advance / $90 day of (if available) at winewiseevents.com.