WSET Level 3 Certification INTENSIVE Course
4 day intensive including exam, $1,350
This 4-day course will be held at Capital Wine School from October 24 – 27, 2019. Class will meet each day from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, October 27, class will meet from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and the exam will be held from 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
**Please note that the cost of lunch is not included in this class. Students may bring lunch or visit one of the many eateries in the area.**
The aim of the course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality. Emphasis is given to tasting assessment skills. Course content includes the following:
Unit 1 – Wines of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation, and bottling)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Still Wines
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers.
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- How to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price.
- Students will learn to write tasting notes by tasting and assessing 8-10 wines during each class.
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines.
The exam consists of a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions, a question paper requiring short written answers, and full written tasting notes on two wines. Those who pass the exam receive the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, an internationally recognized credential in the wine industry.
The course fee includes the classes at Capital Wine School, the WSET Level 3 study guide, and the exam at Capital Wine School.